The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course introduces you to the coolest magic carpet ride you’ll ever experience. This course shows you how to enjoy rivers and ocean currents by “going with the flow,” staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time. Drift Diving is nearly effortless and relaxing. You simply glide along and enjoy the rush of flying underwater while the current does the work.
What You Learn:
During your PADI Drift Diver certification course, you learn about:
- Planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving
- An introduction to drift diving equipment — floats, lines, reels
- Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group
The Scuba Gear You Use:
You use all the basic scuba gear plus some scuba accessories such as floats, lines and reels.
The Learning Materials You Need:
The PADI Drift Diver eManual
PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation)
Be at least 12 years old
This course has a short knowledge study requirement however it is home study orientated via eLearning.
To start this course just visit our eLearning Digital Hub or Contact the Dive Team. To view all Stellar Divers PADI Course options & our latest prices please visit our full PADI Course List, we look forward to hearing from you soon.