We need normal & we all need something to look forward to in these unique times. Well I can’t promise you normal but what I can promise you is “amazing”!!
If you want a dive holiday with the wow factor you must do this trip. It is a phrase often used BUT this is a “bucket list” trip! Not only do you get to experience some of the best wrecks that it is possible to dive, you get a stunning house reef, an amazing thermal lake & a mind blowing dive into an immense cavern! Plus you will be staying on Sangat Island Resort, a literal jewel in the Philippines with some of the nicest people looking after you.
Coron is home to 10 fantastic Japanese wrecks, sunk by the Americans in 1944 as part of Operation Halestorm (which started in the iconic Truk Lagoon). All of the wrecks can be dived recreationally using a single tank and nitrox, the dive guides will lead you inside & through these jaw dropping wrecks. The Irako is the deepest at 40m, the shallowest being the gunboats, which are so shallow they can actually be snorkelled.
There are a couple of unique dives that you simply must do – Barracuda Lake, with its halocline created from fresh water being heated in a thermal spring (no wetsuits here!!) the water exceeds 36 degrees! Then there is Cathedral Cave, very aptly named and a prime example of Mother nature at her best, the experience is guaranteed to make your jaw drop! Mind-blowing, but see for yourselves.
Coron is undoubtably one of the most beautiful places in the Philippines.
Sangat Island resort is perfectly located close to the main cluster of wrecks, being less than a 10 minutes boat ride away. Situated on a beautiful tropical paradise, Sangat is well away from the busy little town of Coron. You will definitely feel like a cast away with Sangat’s picturesque white sand beach and swaying palm trees. Accommodation is Beach or Hillside Chalets, which are native style in construction. The restaurant is buffet style, offering a brilliant range of western and local cuisine; you will definitely not go hungry. The open-air Rock Bar offers superb views of the starry night while you enjoy an ice cold San Miguel or cocktail. Simply enjoy the night whilst talking about a brilliant days diving. Watch out for a cheeky monkey or two also 🙂
This trip offers a fantastic total of 24 dives. All the dives include nitrox, boat, guides, tank & weights. All international & domestic flights & transfers are included, we will be on a complete Full Board basis with Marine Sanctuary Fees, alcohol and soft drinks being the only extras.
The itinerary is as follows:
- Day 1 – Monday 24th January, depart Manchester
- Day 2 – Tuesday 25th January, transfer to hotel, overnight in Manila
- Day 3 – Wednesday 26th January, flight to Coron, transfer to Sangat
- Day 4 – Thursday 27th January, diving Coron, Sangat Island Resort
- Day 5 – Friday 28th January, diving Coron, Sangat Island Resort
- Day 6 – Saturday 29th January, diving Coron, Sangat Island Resort
- Day 7 – Sunday 30th January, diving Coron, Sangat Island Resort
- Day 8 – Monday 31st February, diving Coron, Sangat Island Resort
- Day 9 – Tuesday 1st February, diving Coron, Sangat Island Resort
- Day 10 – Wednesday 2nd February, diving Coron, Sangat Island Resort
- Day 11 – Thursday 3rd February, diving Coron, Sangat Island Resort
- Day 12 – Friday 4th February, diving Coron, Sangat Island Resort
- Day 13 – Saturday 5th February, depart Coron, leave the Philippines
- Day 14 – Sunday 6th February arrive Manchester
The trip is amazing value; a Divers price is £3,450 with a non diver enjoying £2,595, to book a place simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call 01522703116 and we will send you a registration form. Sangat have guaranteed your deposits, so you have peace of mind in these unique times. £300 will secure your place on this trip. We look forward to hearing from you and booking you on this amazing trip.