This is it, the Instructors Instructor! You are about to move from Instructor to Leader, from coach to mentor! It is also your time to reflect on why divers learn to dive, remember the awe, the excitement, the passion? As a PADI IDC Staff Instructor your role is to pass that message, that feeling, the lifestyle choice directly to the next generation of PADI Instructors.
Join a very elite group and push yourself into the challenge of achieving the ultimate instructor rating, be the best you can be.
The IDC Staff Instructor course will prepare you to not only teach the PADI Assistant Instructor course you will also play a vital role in teaching PADI Instructor Development programs. The training will further teach abilities and develop your evaluation and counselling skills through classroom sessions & guided evaluation training. Our Course Director will work with you to hone & polish the skills you learnt on your journey through the Instructor & Master Scuba Diver Trainer Instructor ranks.
IDC Staff Instructor Duties:
- To independently teach and certify PADI Assistant Instructors at dive centres or resorts that are at a minimum PADI Five Star Dive Centre or Resort.
- Conduct IDC training workshop segments while a PADI Course Director is present, in control and available on premises for consultation.
- Evaluate and give feedback to instructor candidates during knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations.
- Provide counselling, encouragement & mentoring for instructor candidates and IDC Staff Instructor candidates.
- Assist with instructor-level continuing education programs, such as PADI Specialty Instructor Training courses.
- With the Course Director go to the IE with the candidates & observe the orientation and closing sessions of PADI Instructor Examinations.
The IDC Staff Instructor Course Prerequisites:
- Teaching status PADI Instructor.
- PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer.
- Emergency First Response Instructor.
- Agree to conduct all levels of diver training consistent with the standards and philosophy outlined in the PADI Instructor Manual, PADI’s Guide to Teaching and the PADI Course Director Manual.
- Agree to use the PADI System and its components in their entirety.
This is the next level so the performance requirements reflect that, it will remind you of the IE BUT an IE with gusto!
So you are required to:
- Score 80 percent on each of the Dive Theory Exams and have any missed questions reviewed until mastery is achieved. Any candidates scoring less than 80 percent on a section are retested. Candidates who have completed Dive Theory Online (eLearning) within 12 months (eRecord is proof) may receive credit for this requirement.
- Score 80 percent on the PADI Systems, Standards and Procedures Exam and have any missed questions reviewed until mastery is achieved. Any candidates scoring less than 80 percent will be retested.
- Perform all 24 dive skills in the Skill Evaluation, scoring 96 total points, with no individual score below 3.
- Score at least 4.0 on a knowledge development teaching presentation.
- Score at least 4.0 on a confined water teaching presentation.
- Attend the four IDC Staff Instructor Course Knowledge Development sessions:
- a: Course Orientation
- b: Instructor Development Standards, Procedures and Curriculum
- c: How to Organise and Conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor Course
- d: The Psychology of Evaluation and Counselling
- Meet evaluation scoring parameters:
- a. Match the control score on three out of five knowledge development evaluation criteria sections for two out of three teaching presentations.
- b. Match the control score on three out of the five confined water evaluation criteria sections for two out of three teaching presentations.
- c. Match the control score on three out of four (no demonstration) or three out of five (demonstration required) open water evaluation criteria sections for two out of three teaching presentations.
- Audit a complete IDC by observing all required IDC curriculum sections, OR present all components from the Assistant Instructor course, scoring at least a 3.4 on each presentation.
Contact us today & start your journey, be the best, join the elite.