Congratulations, by visiting this page you have made the first step to becoming a PADI Pro. It is an exciting and thoroughly satisfying career, you can do this, you need to do this! Working closely with our very experienced PADI Instructors you will revisit and expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the move to the prestigious PADI professional ranks with all of the benefits and status you can expect from the worlds leading Scuba Diving Organisation.
PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities, independently lead certified divers and assist instructors with student divers. If you chose to help instructors you will become their “right arm” having the responsibility of preparing students, assisting with briefings and offering a solid support in and out of the water. The PADI Divemaster certification is a highly acclaimed and much sort after qualification.
Looking ahead the PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications. Live your Life Dive the Dream, fulfil your full scuba diving potential with Stellar Divers, we will be proud to have you dive with us.
What You Learn:
During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through mentoring from our PADI Instructors, classroom presentations, independent home study & masses of practical experience gained by working closely with student & experienced divers.
You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organise and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba skills. You put this knowledge into action through a series of practical training exercises.
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorised to:
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organising and directing dives
- Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
- Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkelling program
- Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty.
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified Divemaster.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during:
- Surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises when the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a PADI Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
You must be 18 years old, have logged a minimum of 40 dives to start the course (60 on certification) be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver, complete EFR Primary & Secondary Care training within 24 months and be medically evaluated & cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months. A HSE diving medical annually renewed in the UK is required to be in teaching status.
Contact us to start today.
For Stellar Divers PADI Course options & our latest prices please visit our full PADI Course List
Contact the Dive Team