Already a PADI Divemaster?
Are you looking for the next step on the professional ladder?
Do you want / need to improve your employability?
Looking for some real teaching experience?
Then you need to be a PADI Assistant Instructor.
Working closely with our PADI Instructors you not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional scuba diver, but you also start learning the PADI System of diver education.
You can act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. It’s a great way to gain experience in order to become a scuba instructor!
What You Learn
You build upon your abilities to organise and supervise scuba diving activities, while concentrating on developing teaching skills.
You learn through:
Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations.
The PADI Assistant Instructor Course consists of these sections:
· Academic Training
· PADI Discover Scuba Diving and Snorkelling Programs
· Developing Knowledge Development Presentations
· Teaching Project AWARE and Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialties
· Teaching in Confined Water
· Conducting Open Water Training Presentations
· Independent Study
· Knowledge Development
· Practical Application
· Confined Water and Open Water Teaching Presentations
· Standards Exam
· Dive Rescue Skills Assessment
What You Can Teach as a PADI Assistant Instructor
In addition to the responsibilities and duties you already have as a PADI Divemaster, as a PADI Assistant Instructor you can:
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during confined water dives
- Present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Teach the AWARE Coral Reef Conservation specialty course
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water
- Conduct PADI Seal Team AquaMissions
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
- Teach Emergency Oxygen Provider after earning the Emergency Oxygen Provider Speciality Instructor rating
- Teach the Emergency First responder course after earning the EFR Instructor rating
The Learning Materials You Need
The PADI IDC Candidate kit includes all the materials needed to prepare for a PADI Assistant Instructor includes:
PADI Instructor manual
PADI Guide to Teaching
Digital Specialty Course Instructor manual
PADI’s “Encyclopaedia of Recreational Diving”
Instructor cue cards for PADI’s core courses (Discover Scuba Diving, OW, AOW, Rescue,DM )
Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
Quiz and exam booklets for the core courses
All PADI manuals up to and including PADI Divemaster
PADI’s “How to use and Choose Dive Computers manual”
PADI’s “Diving Knowledge Workbook”
(Materials are available from our Dive Centre ask for a quote)
To take this course, you must be:
- Be a PADI Divemaster or qualifying certification from another certification organization
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
- Have CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- Want a fun and exciting career as a diving professional!
For course options & our latest prices please visit our full PADI Course List